Community Outreach Regional Affiliate Manager
We are seeking a bright, ambitious and team-oriented individual who is comfortable in a growth-oriented and fast paced organization to fill the position of Community Outreach Regional Affiliate Manager.
This position is responsible for leading, supporting and advancing diverse volunteer Affiliates with various capacities across a region, to ensure alignment of activities with organizational goals, strategies and branding.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Identify and execute market specific strategies to recruit volunteers based on the needs of the Affiliate.
- Identify and implement thoughtful volunteer retention strategies that support the sustainability of assigned Affiliates.
- Ensure sustainable Affiliate development in all key areas by providing quality support to existing volunteer affiliates through onsite and remote best practices trainings in recruitment, and organizational development.
- Partner with other Regional Affiliate Managers to develop essential trainings, tools and resources to significantly enhance the effectiveness and organizational capacity of affiliates.
- Work with supervisor to establish quantitative and quantifiable goals to illustrate success of strategies and resources within each assigned Affiliate.
- Professionally represent the organization to diverse audiences from grassroots volunteers to corporate donors.
- Establish quantitative and quantifiable metrics to determine ROI of community outreach programs.
- Work in close partnership with Regional Team to help develop and implement processes that optimize the strategic value of events to raise both funds and awareness.
- Contribute to and play an active role in the completion of the department’s strategic plan and share in the responsibility of meeting the goals of the Community Outreach budget and timelines.
- Build relationships with volunteers and key constituents as needed to increase overall awareness of the organization.
- Bachelors’ Degree and at least 5 - 7 years’ experience in community outreach and mobilization programs, volunteer management, training and development, fundraising, preferably in programs that are regional/national in scope.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles and best practices of volunteer program management, and organizational management.
- Demonstrable success in leading and managing teams. Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse individuals at all organizational levels, both internal and external.
- Substantial experience in creating and facilitating successful training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability in effective oral and written communications.
- A friendly, positive, outgoing, solutions-oriented demeanor and the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with staff, volunteers and donors, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Proven ability to evaluate and analyze data, and make decisions and/or recommendations as required for their markets.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and markets simultaneously.
- Familiarity with the corporate business environment is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Knowledge of cancer advocacy, outreach and awareness programs, and grassroots marketing a plus.
- Remote project and team management skills..
- Must have an interest in domestic travel and be comfortable navigating new cities.