The individual in this position is responsible for providing comprehensive, one-on-one educational information, and for performing complete case management of patients, caregivers, and other callers to PanCAN Patient Services. This position may also include work on special projects within PanCAN Patient Services.
- Communicate with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals via phone, email and written correspondence in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Provide patients, caregivers, and others with in-depth and complex information about pancreatic cancer in a simple and understandable manner.
- Encourage and facilitate participation in the organization’s other patient services, as appropriate, including Know Your Tumor and the Patient Registry.
- Gather and provide information and resources based on each individual’s needs.
- Prepare educational packets and materials to be sent to each individual.
- Perform follow-up work for assigned cases, including tracking information and data from calls and emails.
- Participate in continuing education activities, webinars, and training sessions and attend conferences to gain knowledge about treatment/clinical practice updates and current research.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following experiences, skills and qualities:
- Four-year college or university degree in a science, health, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand extensive information about pancreatic cancer, treatments, side effects, symptom management, and additional resources.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong sensitivity and compassion for those affected by a disease such as pancreatic cancer coupled with an innate ability to empathize with the loss and painful journeys experienced by our constituents.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in a scientific, medical, or health environment preferred.
- Excellent understanding of scientific and medical information related to pancreatic cancer, or ability to learn.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Exemplary values, integrity and a high level of desire to make a difference.
- Ability to perform independent research and make decisions regarding content that would be appropriate to provide to patients and caregivers.
- Must be willing to travel as required.