- How long has the hospice organization been established in the community?
- Who owns the hospice? Is it owned by an individual, a partnership or a corporation? Is it a for-profit corporation or a nonprofit organization?
- Is this hospice organization licensed by the state and certified by Medicare?
- What other accreditation does the organization have?
- What industry quality standards does the organization meet?
- Who is the medical director and what are his or her credentials? Is he or she certified in hospice and palliative care?
- How many of the nursing staff are certified in hospice and palliative care?
- What are the credentials of the social workers and chaplains?
- What are the credentials of the other staff members?
- How are home caregivers trained?
- What services are provided by the hospice?
- What services are provided in nursing homes or other residential care facilities?
- At which facilities (hospitals, nursing facilities and other health care settings) does the hospice provide care?
- Does the organization have its own facility for inpatient care? If not, where does the hospice provide inpatient hospice care?
- Is there 24-hour access to the hospice staff?
- What services are available after hours?
- How often will the hospice staff visit the patient and caregiver at home?
- What hospice services are not paid for by insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid?
- How is the patient’s personal physician involved in hospice care?
- What is the role of the hospice physician?
- Which cancer-fighting treatments can be continued and which must be stopped?
- Is there an RN (registered nurse) on-call 24 hours a day? Are the on-call RNs certified in hospice and palliative care?
- Are volunteers available to help the family?
- What type of training do volunteers receive?
- What is the volunteer’s role in your organization?
- How does the hospice organization support the family?
- Are housekeeping services offered?
- How and where is respite care provided?
- How are the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family addressed?
- Describe the bereavement support provided.
We’re Here to Help
For more information on hospice or for free, in-depth and personalized resources and information on pancreatic cancer, contact a PanCAN Patient Services Case Manager.