Thank you for your interest! The Micki Love Society is an esteemed group of committed supporters who have named Pancreatic Cancer Action Network as a beneficiary of an estate gift. As a member, your generous support will help advance our comprehensive approach to fighting pancreatic cancer by helping to
- Maintain and grow a robust scientific community
- Ensure that federal funding of pancreatic cancer research is a national priority through government affairs and advocacy
- Provide innovative and easily accessible information and resources to patients and families
- Unite an army of volunteers across the country who increase awareness and move people to take action against pancreatic cancer
Recognition and Benefits
In honor of your generosity, you will receive the following:
- Exclusive Micki Love Society pin
- Certificate of appreciation
- Invitations to special events, including Advocacy Day
- Recognition in our annual Impact Report on pancan.org
- Access to PanCAN staff with expertise in legacy giving
Who is Micki Love?
Micki Love knew that pancreatic cancer was one of the world’s toughest cancers. She also knew that progress against this disease required dedicated partners who provided the resources to accelerate research and improve treatments for patients everywhere. She knew – and wanted others to know — that hope was possible. That is why she became one of PanCAN’s most committed friends.
Micki’s first contact with PanCAN came as a donor after her mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Years later, Micki was also diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She reached out to our Patient Services program and a Case Manager in PanCAN Patient Services provided her with critical information about treatment options and support services.
Soon after, Micki participated in PurpleStride San Antonio and made a generous gift to PanCAN. A dedicated donor, she toured our national offices, meeting PanCAN CEO Julie Fleshman and Emily Lyons, the PanCAN Patient Services Case Manager who had assisted Micki throughout her journey. On November 7, 2016, Micki passed away – but her legacy lives on through the significant gift she made to PanCAN, facilitated through a bequest in her living trust.
Planning your legacy offers peace of mind – you know that your charitable intentions are met, while also inspiring friends, family and the larger pancreatic cancer community. Gifts may be revocable, should the need arise.
We hope you join with other visionaries like you in The Micki Love Society. Can we count on you?
*This information is not intended as legal, accounting or other professional advice. For assistance in charitable planning, always engage the services of a qualified professional.