From volunteers, donors and researchers to healthcare professionals, family members and survivors, we are grateful for each and every one of you. On this World Gratitude Day, we thank you for making PanCAN such a vibrant and dynamic community. You bring the energy, enthusiasm and commitment we need to push past barriers and create change.
Together, we are making progress for patients with pancreatic cancer through groundbreaking research initiatives, advocacy efforts, fundraising activities and so much more. You are creating a world in which all patients with pancreatic cancer thrive.
On World Gratitude Day 2022, we’re sending a special thank you to everyone in our community. In this video, PanCAN President and CEO Julie Fleshman, Founder Pamela Acosta Marquardt and pancreatic cancer patients, families, researchers and volunteers share a personal thank you for your tremendous support of our mission.
Here are just some of the recent accomplishments you’ve made possible:
- This year, your support allowed us to invest nearly $25 million in research, our largest-ever single year total. Your donations fuel this investment in our grants program as well as our transformational scientific and clinical initiatives.
- More than 2,000 people have enrolled in PanCAN’s Early Detection Initiative, which promises to unlock a better understanding of the relationship between changes in blood sugar and weight, and the development – and detection – of pancreatic cancer.
- Over 20 sites have opened for Precision PromiseSM, our adaptive clinical trial created to bring better treatments to pancreatic cancer patients faster. And we’re on our way to 30 sites around the country.
- Thanks to your advocacy, we’ve seen a 900% increase in federal research funding for pancreatic cancer at the National Cancer Institute since PanCAN’s founding. And you don’t let up. In 2021 alone, you sent more than 30,000 messages to members of Congress to advocate for more funding on behalf of pancreatic cancer patients.
- Since the first PanCAN PurpleStride in 2007, you’ve raised over $144 million – funding innovative research and free, one-on-one patient and caregiver support. And now, on One Big Day, you are building an incredible nationwide community.
On this World Gratitude Day (and every day!), we honor your commitment to patients, families, loved ones and everyone affected by pancreatic cancer. Thank you for making a difference.